How to Get Here
Thompson is located 750kms North of Winnipeg
- Thompson is located along paved Highway 6.
- From Winnipeg it is a distance of 485 miles or 750 kilometers.
- Approximate driving time is 8-9 hours.
- For road information, phone 1‑877‑MBRoads (1‑877‑627‑6237) or go to manitoba511.ca
Several bus companies travel from Winnipeg to Thompson daily:
Maple Bus, Thompson Bus, Mahihikan Bus, and Highway 6 Express.
- Travel time is approximately 1 3/4 hours.
- Flights from Winnipeg to Thompson twice a day.
- Book online at calmair.com or call 800-839-2256.
- This leg of any flight beyond Winnipeg should always be booked separately.
Via Rail provides service from Winnipeg to Thompson to Churchill and return, 3 times a week.
Train service in the north can be slow due to permafrost ground conditions.
For packages and freight from Winnipeg, you can ship via Calm Air, Gardewine North, FedEx, UPS, Purolator, Canada Post, or bus freight services as listed above.
You can find us at our office location in Thompson, MB.
Sub Zero North Inc.
C/O Thompson Community Development Corporation
15 Moak Crescent
R8N 2B8, Canada